Friday, April 9

The Lecture

Early this past quarter I attended a lecture that we had here at school from the great comic legends Klaus Janson and Howard Chaykin about comic book storytelling. It was a two day lecture. I learned a lot about the art of telling a story in a page and how to work with panels a bit. The first day was there ideas and tricks to convey movement in a panel, good layout and what information to include. That night a couple hand picked students were given a script and told to do 3 pages of tight roughs for the next days discussion. I was one of these lucky students.Overall they seemed to like what I did on pages 2 and 3. Page 1 kinda got a little confusing. But the lecture was very helpful and I learned SO much. I thought it would be nice to show what I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment